Whether you’re looking to invest in simple updates or a complete kitchen renovation, you can’t go wrong incorporating the latest design trends to enjoy now as well as boost your home’s value when it comes time to sell. If you’re not sure where to begin, check out our list below featuring on-trend elements we think will give you the most “bang for your buck.”
1. Cabinet Color Replacing or repainting dark, dated cabinets is a priority in any kitchen update as cabinets are both an aesthetic and functional focal point which get noticed immediately by buyers. Use bright white shaker cabinets which remain a current favorite to brighten the space and provide a clean, modern appeal.
2. Custom Storage According to a recent Houzz study, “a top functional priority, cited by 63 percent of renovators, was having a kitchen in which it’s easy to store and find items.”
3. Quartz Countertops The Houzz study also found that Quartz was the most popular countertop material in 2018. It has become a growing alternative to granite and marble for its durability, versatility and custom appeal.
4. Full-Tile Feature Walls With the popularity of open first-floor layouts and kitchens with wall-free transitions, there is more of a need for a focal point. One of the trends we continue to see is beautiful feature walls with counter-to-ceiling tile either behind floating shelves or a range hood. Whether choosing a shimmery glass finish or a bold geometric pattern, it’s a cost-effective way to add high-end style, texture and depth.
5. Mixed Metals Designers are now selecting a mix of metal finishes for faucets, hardware, lighting and appliances to add a new level of depth, sophisticated style and personality to a space. Be careful not to choose too many different finishes that compete with the surrounding colors and materials. Keep it simple with two metals that balance the room well. A primary finish such as a cool chrome or stainless steel should take up two-thirds of the fixtures then choose a warmer accent such as antique brass for the remaining third.
Looking to buy or sell in the Nevada County area? Give a Coldwell Banker agent a call today!