With the weather in Nevada County so pleasant, it’s a wonderful reminder that Spring has arrived! And with this little reminder, it’s a great time to think about tackling your Spring cleaning list. Need some help? Here’s a list of to do’s for your home this month. This list is perfect if you will be selling your home this year or if you just need to spruce your home up.
1. April Showers Bring May Flowers – But, only if you prep the garden today! Lay mulch around shrubs and flower beds before the weeds take over next month. However, resist the urge to plant warm season annuals and vegetables until the last frost date has passed in your area.
2. Fresh Air, Fresh Paint – Planning to paint the exterior of your home, deck, or front door? Start preparing exterior surfaces now by scraping and sanding so that when the warmer weather arrives, you’ll be ready to apply the first coat (without a coat on!)
3. Dust Off the Chaise Lounges – The days of lounging in the backyard are almost here! Take some time to clean and repair any outdoor furniture.
4. Get Rid of House Guests – While we all love having family and friends visit over the holidays, other unwelcome house guests can often make themselves at home in our roofs and walls during the winter. Take some time to inspect and repair damage from animals who took shelter in your home this winter season. If you need a recommendation, call a Coldwell Banker Grass Roots Realty agent.
5. Organize the Garage or Shed – For most of the country, it’s finally time to stash the snow shovels and bust out the lawn mower. While you’re at it, consider making your garage smarter and more energy efficient.
6. Spring Clean That Closet – Kick off your spring cleaning project by tackling one of the most cluttered spots of the home. Follow these steps to a spring miracle: an organized closet.