Spring has finally arrived to Nevada County. Before we know it, Summer will come in full force to drive away any thoughts of the long Winter. The sky is blue, the tulips are blooming, the yard work is piling up, but all you can dream about is breaking the barbecue out. Nothing says Nevada County Spring like a barbecue with friends, family, and pets. Before you fire up that grill, here is your home’s honey do list for May which will make summer even more enjoyable.
1. Curb Appeal – Because April showers bring May flowers, it’s time to think about your home’s curb appeal. Does your front door need a refresh? Could your outdoor lighting use an update? Does your mailbox need a makeover? With the sun shining down, you’ll start to see all sorts of things you were able to ignore when it was raining. Get those projects done now while the weather is pleasant and not excessively hot.
2. Give Mom some Love – Because Home is Where Mom is, consider showing Mom your appreciation this Mother’s Day (May 14th) by giving her a unique homemade Mother’s Day gifts. Another welcome gift for every Mom is a helping hand around the house!
3. May is for Mold? – Did those April showers cause water problems in your home? Notice any water stains showing up along the ceiling or walls? Now is the time to get the mold in your home treated. That way, the heat of the summer won’t exacerbate any mold smells that went untreated.
4. Spring Into Action – Take advantage of the spring weather and get out of the house! Go to one of the Bear Yuba Land Trusts many trails, find your favorite spot on the Yuba River, or head out to a local farmer’s market. There are so many things that you should take advantage of while the weather is nice. You’ll really come to appreciate how beautiful Nevada County is by getting out and seeing it for yourself.
5. Glass Houses – People who live in glass houses…have a lot of windows to clean! And not just the inside of the windows. Tackle outdoor windows and doors with a glass cleaner to let plenty of that spring sunlight inside. Plus, you’ll notice how pretty it is outside with clean windows!
6. Inspect for Termites – Termites are more active in the spring and summer months when the air is warm and moist. Check your home for termite damage, paying special attention to anywhere wood meets the ground. You can always ask a Coldwell Banker agent for their favorite termite inspector. You’ll be happy if you check for any potential issues before they become massive problems.
7. Prep Your Home for Sale – If you’re getting your home ready for sale this spring, there are several items that many home sellers overlook. Do you have a copy of your survey on hand, or have you compiled a list of service providers for a buyer? Or, to start, do you have a great real estate agent in mind to sell your home? We have a few recommendations.
8. Grilling Time – Now you’re ready for that Memorial Day backyard bash! Be sure to keep that grill clean and the gas full to make sure the fun never stops.